Clan HoRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan HoRP

The New Clan HoRP Forums.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Characters.

Go down 
+6
Noobers
Michael
Tulostenaloor
Jak-Skellington
Ice_Chill
rosestar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rosestar
Admin
rosestar

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Character Creation.

(note; if I don`t get at least one player character for a Noble family by the time I finish the `City-States Overview`, I`ll make up characters for them.)

A well-written, wholly interesting character is what gives life to the foundations of a roleplay.

In The World, you can be anyone; a member of the Royal Family, an engineer, or a lowly beggar. You can be a Magi, or not. You can hail from this city-state or that city-state. There really aren`t a whole lot of limits, except for being human. So, use your imagination! But most importantly, have fun.

For those that wish their characters to be of the Royal family or a Noble, greater or lesser, please send me a message before making your character, so we can get all of that straightened up. A person who has a character in a Noble family, or the Royal family, will in essence control the other members of the family as NPCs. If there is already a person playing a character in that family, the two persons will share control of the family NPCs. If you want to have a character in a Noble family (or the Royal family) that already has another person`s character, you`ll have to ask that person for permission before PMing me. (This is because they may already have things planned, and I don`t want to mess it up without knowing.) If you have any questions, feel free to message me. ^^

The Noble Families.
      Greater Noble Houses.
      Valagon: The Royal Family; surname Asrai.
      -no player characters yet.-

Riace: of Aryndar; surname Nadine.
      Ilayne Nadine - rosestar.

Narsiri: of Ilabar; surname Amr.

Ceriond: of Caer Ceronost; surname Umber.

Forslhey: of Sova; surname Volyn.

Anurun: of Aveir; surname Salei.

Balingar: of Auvin; surname Imbir.

Rencrey: of Velane; surname Elvey.

Thorune: of Mareneth; surname Nyari.

Kavnok: of Kaleva; surname Osmer.

Thandavar: of Tyrrn; surname Grimr.

Lesser Noble Houses:
    • Swann, of Trisch (in Thorune).
      - LovelyAngel

Last edited by rosestar on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
rosestar
Admin
rosestar

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 pm

The Character Layout.

Well, after you`ve decided whether or not your character is of the Nobility, and what city-state they`re from, and if they`re Magi or not (and trained or not, depending on the type of Magi), you`ll have to write up the characters themselves. This will be done with the layout following this paragraph. Once you`ve written it up, just post it here. Only post your character layout; there will be no chatting here. Questions are to be messaged to me. If there is something incorrect about your character, I will message you to correct it. Feel free to send your characters to me for evaluation before posting, if you wish.

Player Name: Username.

Name: Praenomen (first name), Cognomen (last name), and anything falling in between. It`s okay to have only a first name if you have a good reason. If a greater Noble, the name should have the 'of ...' title that is on the list of Noble Families.
      Age: Any age is acceptable, really; go ahead and play a child if you want.
      Orientation: Also self explanatory.

Personality: No mary-sues; be thorough and detailed. Remember, everyone`s got flaws.

Appearance: Pretty much what they look like--hair and eye and skin color, height and body type, et cetera.

Skills and Talents: Are they trained in some kind of profession? Can they read, or write? Are they trained in the use of a weapon, and why? Stuff like that.

Magik: If your character is a Magi, what type? (Alchemist, Paladin of Order, et cetera.) If it is Alchemy or Divine Magik, how well are they trained? If Druide or Elemental, do they know? If they know, do they have training? And anything else you`d like to add that deals with Magik. If you aren`t making your character a Magi, just delete this bit.

Other: Any other miscellaneous stuff you`d like to add.

Code:
      [b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
      [b]Age:[/b]
      [b]Gender:[/b]
      [b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Skills and Talents:[/b]

[b]Magik:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]
Back to top Go down
rosestar
Admin
rosestar

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Character Mugshots.

Well, in my boredom and attempt to get back into spriting, I started making little pixelated mugshots of characters, using graphics from the game series Fire Emblem. Kind of a way to get an idea of what the character looks like, I guess. Just to be fair, I`m offering this to anyone who`d like their character be made into a mugshot; if you do, just message me and we`ll go from there. I can`t say my skills are great, but hey. I try.

Characters. IlayneNadine Characters. JohannaNadine Characters. ValeNadine
      Ilayne Nadine, heir of Aryndar; Johanna Nadine, Queen Consort; Vale Nadine, Duke of Aryndar.

Characters. EirwynNyari Characters. CorenNadine Characters. AlistairNyari
      Eirwyn Nyari, Duchess Consort of Aryndar; Coren Nadine, younger son of Aryndar; Alistair Nyari, deceased former Duke of Mareneth.

Characters. CorinSpicer Characters. RyenNyari Characters. MauraNyari
      Corin Spicer, deceased former Duchess Consort of Mareneth; Ryen Nyari, heir of Mareneth; Maura Nyari, sister of the current Duke Regent of Mareneth.

Characters. Vorainesofar
      Voraine Armiac, of Ceriond.

Last edited by rosestar on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:05 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
rosestar
Admin
rosestar

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Player Name: rosestar.

Name: Ilayne Nadine of Aryndar.
Age: Sixteen. Born on the seventh day of the seventh month, year 2836.
Orientation: Unsure personally, though of course she is publicly straight.

Personality: While her Noble upbringing tells her to be quiet and softspoken (she typically acts very ladylike from being raised a Noblewoman), Ilayne nonetheless has quite the temper, which causes her to get irrationally violent. When not angered, she is a very curious person; questions pour from her lips like water from a broken dam. She is also very easily flustered and shy, especially when reprimanded about her curiosity and never-ending questions. Because she was kept safe and sheltered all her life, Ilayne has a childlike naivety; she`s pretty much the kind to talk to strangers if they didn`t look like bad people. Her Noble upbringing causes her to hide much of her thought and emotion, but when she relaxes her guard, she is quick to laugh, and quicker to smile.

Appearance: Ilayne much resembles her mother, for she has inherited the dark brown hair, storm gray eyes, and pale yellowish (think Asian) skintone from the Nyari line. Unlike her sister, she also inherited her father`s height, for when standing straight, Ilayne is roughly 5'9". Her body is slender--borderline skinny--from having a diet wrought with many fruits and vegetables, but soft because she gets no exercise whatsoever, and thus has no muscles to speak of. This contrast between height and slenderness sometimes makes her seem even taller; a fact that Ilayne hates. She almost always wears her long hair (if worn out it would reach well down her back) braided, although for formal parties it is curled and pinned up.

Skills and Talents: Ilayne was taught to read Tarot cards by a gypsy at a travelling carnival, and is naturally a master of it because of her having the Flow of a Druid of Shadow. Being a Noblewoman, she was taught to sew and embroider, and was made to practice these skills every day, so she is quite handy with a needle. Don`t, however, ask her to cook (or clean, for that matter). She`s utterly disastrous in the kitchen, and far too prideful to clean anything.

Magik: Ilayne is a Druid of Shadow; but she has yet to actually discover it, and has no knowledge of her abilities whatsoever.

Other: She is heir to the title of Duchess of Aryndar.

Last edited by rosestar on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Player Name: Corrupt_Seraph

Name: Ryen Nyari of Mareneth
Age: 17 (birthdate- 22nd day of the firth month, 2834) His Birthday falls on Litha
Orientation: N/A (straight as far as the population knows, personal mixed feelings)[unable to experiment considering the traditions of marriage and such]

Personality: Helpful, "Just", devoted, and protective. Cunning/Sly (If needed), If pushed far enough he can show a very hot temper, (last resort) Violent [more of a mental/vocal violence as opposed to physical], overall generally good natured and staight forward, a natural born leader (though naive after being raised in nobility)

Appearance: In a natural sense, Ryen stands at about 5'9, approximatly 140 pounds. A thin and healthy build. Silky dark brown hair, with a bit of a wave to it,usually kept at a length where he at least has bangs down to his eye brow line. A welcoming and attractive facial structure with bright blue eyes. Over all a decently fair complection, he gains a lighter tan over the Thorune summer.(Eye/skin tones gained from mother/ Rose explained the typical Nyari traits [Storm Grey eyes and Asian tint skin])
Typically seen in public in any formal dressing, otherwise he dresses in typical clothing for a common teenage boy in The World(something casual and laid back).

Skills and Talents: Great leadership/public speaking abilities, he certainly has his way with words (which tend to be very critical if someone forces him to act so, otherwise is a generally convincing person)
Being raised in Thorune, being the land with some of the finest horses of The [Known] World, he's developed good horse riding skills (Ryen has a close relationship [if you will] with a mare he's had since he was 3, she is named Ari [She's been trained to respond to the name and commands with a bit of an accent [so the true pronounciation is (Air-ee) as opposed to (Are-ee) for example] (basicly stressed vowels)
Otherwise he holds a vast knowledge of Alchemy (such as the meanings of just about every symbol, put that together with his good problem solving smarts and he basically can figure out what type of transmutation an Alchemist is preforming even while they are making their "circles") Sadly the knowledge is all he's capable of with alchemy, Alistair tried to pass his alchemy abilities onto Ryen but Ryen's attempts flat out failed. *tear drop*
Limited weapon skills, decent with bow and arrow/throwing daggers {mostly from horse riden sports}

Magik: Spirit elementalist, though the knowledge of that is pretty much unknown to even him. He showed the Spirit Flow early on in life, or at least got locked into it (explained in an introduction). His parents caught hints and signs put never really pushed him into it, they wanted the best for their son [like parents typically do] and were waiting till he was old enough to reasonably consider his path. (So...the only people who really knew about it died...and Ryen is left to figure it out for himself)

Other: Heir to the title of "Duke of Mareneth", Isn't very fond if his cousin Maura (the feeling is mutual, they didn't get along as kids...), Sees Owen as an older brother[holds a high respect of Owen], Loves his extended family though he doesn't get to see them much as of recently, being prepared for the honor he'll receive when he comes of age.

Last edited by Corrupt_Seraph on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ice_Chill
Admin
Ice_Chill

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Player Name: Ice_Chill

Praenomen: Vuren
Cognomen: Kuilade
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual, Single

Personality/Description: Quiet, reserved personality. Not really known for violent outbursts, but then again; he is hardly known at all in comparison to some of the other, larger, more powerful figures in the land. Plays a worn, hand carved guitar strapped to his back. The guitar's primary design has a burned look to it, fading out to black towards the edges. The leather strap holding it to him is of a dark complextion with beautiful hand engravements down the stripe of leather. Dark brown hair flows down his delicate face, curling up down across his eyes. His eyes are of a bright orange shade, a strange color indeed for most humans and inherited from his late father whom died in a fire. He wields an old short sword at his waist, the blade battered from use. He carries a look upon his face like that of one whom has seen many things in his life, many horrible things, and the feeling is engraved upon his heart. He stands at a common 173cm at 68kg, a medium build. Always clean shaven.

Magik: An aspiring elementalist, Vuren's flow (to his knowledge) indicates a presence of fire. The flames within Vuren threaten to consume him, as his inner flow is conflicted by his deep sadness in the loss of his father. Fire took away so much from him, and now it seeks to destroy him from within. Therefor Vuren seeks to stay as far away from flames as possible, for when in their presence his orange eyes seem to burn red and the flames take off wildly, destroying everything in their path. This is part of the reason he lives so close to the river, in the off chance that something goes horribly long.

Other: Vuren spends most his time practiceing melodies upon his instrument of choice and training for his application into the Royal Guard in the future. He lives on the outskirts of town (North-East of Valagon's Capital, on the edge of the river on the foresty side), away from the lives of others, and ventures rarely into the city (Valagon) to play his guitar for the pity (or spite?) of others. His music seems to inspire his own feelings into others, but the reaction is to subtle for Vuren to take serious note of it. In truth, perhaps the greater weapon at hand is in his formation of notes into chords and chords into songs, rather than his dull shortsword. His mother left after his father's death, an he has made no real effort to try and track her down. Thus he lives in solitude.

Last edited by Ice_Chill on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/JSFS/
Jak-Skellington
Jak-Skellington

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Player Name: Jak-Skellington or occasionally Princeleet.

Name: Jack (Last Name not Applicable)
Orientation: Heterosexual, because we all love Gay Gingerjews.

Personality: Jack is a down-strung and calm Fiddler. He is a charming Boy, fun and yet kind. He is never rude, and always seeks to help those he loves. Although he is usually rather gentle, and peaceful, he is also a bit abrupt and does not think before speaking. He can also be generally straight forward, and speaks his mind. No matter his faults, he can always try to better himself. Often he is the kind of person who is sentimental, but he is almost never ready to admit when he is wrong. He also has a strong liberal view on life, and what is right and wrong, and what rights people have to live by.

Appearance: Jack wears an average day outfit of middle class or occasionally of Higher Class Citizens. But, when performing, Jack wears a more appropriate and formal Victorian type outfit. His eyes are green, and his eye brows are rather thin and look painted on. He is quite thin, actually, very thin, and his bones are clearly visible, for he almost always refuses to eat anything.

Skills and Talents: Jack is a professional Fiddler who is summoned by lords and nobles to be heard of around the continents. His violin is a wonderful tool, and his melodies are either joyful or so sorrowful and heavy that those who hear it could fall to the ground in anguish from the wonderful playing. He is also flexible and athletic like most children, and very hyperactive in that way.

Magik: Jack is an Elementalist of Water, but is a rather weak student. He has no use for the stronger schools of Water, so he just uses basic control of the water in a melodic, beautiful way. This form of control is not something that can be used to create a massive Whirlpool, or create a torrential storm. Just the general paralysis of control of liquid, and drawing it up from the land. (Levitation, almost.) In example, when playing his Violin, pots nearby will have water rising and swaying from them.

Last edited by Jak-Skellington on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tulostenaloor
Tulostenaloor

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Player Name: MozillaFyreFox

Name: Voraine Armiac
Age: Nineteen, born on Lady's Day(the twenty-third) in the Third Month of the year 2833
Orientation: Heterosexual
Profession:Merchant
City-state: Ceriond
Family Members: Mother-Kyria (46), Sister- Belle (15), Brother- Adrian (10)

Personality:He is usually calm and wary of strangers. However, he is quick to be angered by any injustices and wrongdoings. He enjoys sitting down under a tree on a hilltop and enjoying nature or read a good book, which he often does in his spare time. He is somewhat less than sociable and will often act formally to strangers. To the people he know, he is often in thought, breaking his silence every now and then to tell an occasional joke or acknowledge something. He also does not like being wrong or to seem unknowledgeable. Voraine's approach is problems are cautious at first, and he is in his element during a crisis, which he shows the signs of a fine leader. Since his father's death, he has to take care of his family too. He has little or no care for politics and aristocracy, as long as the taxes aren't to high to not allow him to care for his family, his ship, and his crew's welfare, which he cares deeply for. If a crew member dies at sea, it has been agreed upon on the ship to pool together surplus funds and take care of that crew's widow, depending on savings and how large there family is.

Appearance: Voraine is 5'11" with moderately long light brown hair, which he occasionally ties into a ponytail, green eyes, and a tanned skin. He is often seen wearing brown woolen pants, a billowy, white, cuffed, long-sleeve shirt which was originally his fathers and a brown coat worn fashionably over the shirt. He also wears a tricorn hat. On the ship, he carries a cutlass with him at all times.

Skills and Talents: Since he is so young, most of his skills are undeveloped, although he shows promising signs of being a fair swordsfighter and is fairly accurate with a ranged weapon.

Magik:None, at least none known.

Other:Voraine captains the topsail schooner, Morning Grace, that was his fathers before his father died. The crew adores him and he adores the crew, many which have known him since he was a small child.
The ship itself is armed with four swivel mounts, which scatter rounds like a shotgun, on each side for defense against pirates, boarders, or both. The captain's cabin hold two flintlock pistols which can be used in self-defense against pirates, boarders, or a possible (and in Voraine's case, very unlikely) mutiny.
Morning Grace has has three-masts.

Quote(s): "A virtue is called a virtue because nobody ever seems to have it, no one ever called hunger a virtue and everyone happens to be impatient."

Last edited by MozillaFyreFox on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Michael
Admin
Michael

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I guess I'll have to repost mine.
This is basically the same as I posted it before. A few minor changes, to fit my character more.
Player Name:Michael/The-Avenger

Name:Benjamin
Orientation:Publicly straight. [I'm guessing gays will be a hate subject because of the time setting.]

Personality:Benjamin is only slightly shy, and a bit depressed, though he tries to hide it. He's always in a better mood when he is around people, and can't stand to be alone for too long. He is loyal to his friends, and is generally a good hearted person.

Appearance:Benjamin has red hair, and slightly tan skin. He is short, standing at only 5'7. He has very interesting eyes, one of them being a deep blue, and the other being a bright green. He has a small build, and clearly relies more on speed than pure strength.

Skills and Talents:Benjamin is very quick, and can walk without sound, often scaring people when he talks [You know, like that friend you have who just walks in and says something and you had no idea he was there. You naturally jump.] He's a natural thief, but he dislikes stealing. He has some natural skill with short swords and daggers, but he hasn't been trained in either.

Magik:Benjamin is [as I said in my earlier post] a spirit user. He hasn't discovered this trait, as he was never trained in the ways of Magik. He has had no friends or relatives who could have helped him figure it out.

Other:Benjamin is a poor orphan in the land of Ilabar. From a young age, he had to care for himself. His mother died in child birth and his father died of a strange illness when he was 4. His aunt took care of him until she died of the same illness when he was 6. Ever since then, Benjamin has been taking care of himself. He tries to work for money, but occasionally has to steal to make it through. He is not trusted by the villagers, and at the age of 17, he is planning on heading to the capitol city in search of work.
Back to top Go down
https://the-haven.forumotion.com
Noobers

Noobers

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:01 am

Player Name: Noobers

Name: Ivan "Wrench" Raemon
Orientation: Straight

Personality: Normally he is has a bright and sunny attitude to all, but he is a known pychopath and pyromainiac. However, due to his mechanical genius, most of the public is willing to ignore his building burnings, and also there is no real evidence that he did it. He is loyal to the few friends he keeps and often is called upon to make inventions for people of various social standings. (hint hint)

Appearance:A tall, lightly muscled fellow. He inherit's nearly all of his mothers looks, light brown hair, forest green eyes, and a slightly chubby exterior. He can usually be found in a regular shirt and pants (stained of course) with work boots, he also has a work belt he wears almost always, from which various assorted tools hang, including his specially made wrench, which is about 3 feet long and hangs in a scabbard of sorts. He wears several medallions in the shape of various gears, and he has safety goggles which usually hang from his neck. He also carries a couple of matches on him at all times.

Skills and Talents: A leader in the engineering field, has patented several inventions and he also has trained himself in the use of a wrench, which in his hands, is quite a formidible weapon.

Magik: He has no magical abilities whatsoever.

Other: With his life he plans to engineer and create inventions for the rest of his life, though he'd like to find a wife and raise a family as well. His social standing is upper middle class, and he generally shuns the more victorian styles of clothing. He got the nickname "Wrench" from a former employer, who gave it to him after he killed an assassin who was attempting to cash in a bounty on the lesser noblemans head, with only a wrench.

Last edited by Noobers on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Strike-Stehl
Admin
Strike-Stehl

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:07 am

Will finish later.

Player Name: Strike-Stehl

Name: Lord Justice Stehl, Paladin of Order
Age: 35, born on Elaithe, the seventh day of the second month.
Orientation: Asexual. Stehl does not experience sexual attraction, nor does he have any interest in sex.

Personality: While he can be somebody that people wouldn't mind being near, Stehl is almost always impossible to stay near for any period of time. This stems from the fact that he believes Justice should always come first. If something is even remotely something he would consider unjust, it will be observed, questioned, and crushed. From this comes another problem; Stehl sees alot of things as unjust, and this leads to him being a very angry person. This builds up until it becomes too much to bear, causing him to act rashly. Following such an outburst is a period of penance, where Stehl spends time in a small room devoid of anything but walls, a ceiling, and the floor. While in a location where anybody could see him, he wears a robe with a mask or a suit of armor, heavily modified by the finest engineers. Practicing his swordplay helps keep him calm.

Appearance: Stehl is very tall, 6'6" while wearing nothing. He has fiery red hair that almost reaches his shoulders and sports a trim moustache/beard. Not that anybody could tell. He always wears a hooded robe with a mask covering his face or his ceremonial armor. The robe is plain, except for being white and red, while the mask bears a mark noting that he is no ordinary person. The armor couldn't be any more different. Constructed from rare metals, the armor is unbelievably heavy, requiring mechanical aid. Gears are carefully covered by prayers of devotion and icons of Order, while the pipes coming off the rather large steam generator on its back resemble those on a pipe organ. The shoulder plates and knees resemble different aspects of Order, all of them blindfolded. The helmet alone has been known to make lesser men soil themselves and fall to their knees, weeping at its hate-filled visage. An ancient sword sits in the scabbard at his waist, with an accompanying shield carried by an acolyte.

Skills and Talents: Stehl is an accomplished swordsman, his blade almost a natural extension of his arm. He also is a powerful speaker, when he chooses to do speak. Frequently, this is put to use to yell at foes for great periods of time, often causing negative effects on their concentration.

Magik: Stehl has a natural affinity for Divine Magiks, specifically Order. Having spent many, many years practicing it, he is a master at using it. Aside from being able to use the two well known powers extremely well, he has gained control of others. Rumors tell of chains bursting from the ground to bind criminals, flaming hammers floating around him, earth-shaking punches coated in blue fire, whirlwinds of holy light, and more. One of the most chilling stories revolves a time when the Lord Justice and a few other high ranking paladins chased a powerful criminal into a forest. A vicious storm was said to have gathered and local farmers reported seeing a massive pillar of lightning come from a rend in the clouds, followed by an explosion that covered most of the region. Oddly, there was no damage reported where the bolt hit, only a feeling of serenity and peace. The criminal was reported 'dead, and thats all you're going to hear on that matter,' while witnesses to the event vanished and were seen at a much later date, denying that anything happened.

Other: While there is very little public information on the Lord Justice, a few tidbits of information are easy enough to find out. He began training as a paladin at age eight, and completed his Vigil at age fourteen, immediately dedicating himself to Order. He falls off the radar for sixteen years (Though there are a few tales involving him, though briefly and not always by name) and reappeared at age 30, accepting the position of Lord Justice. Even then, he was wearing a mask to hide his face. His sword is ancient, estimated to be hundreds of years old. Despite this fact, it is in incredible condition, retaining an incredibly keen edge. Runes along its blade read Götterdämmerung, which has become its name. It means nothing in the common tongue.

Last edited by Strike-Stehl on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Broken Dawn

Broken Dawn

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Please realize that this IS a work in progress. And, if anything in it needs to be changed, PM me. :3 Thankee
Sorry, its a little big...

Player Name: Broken Dawn

Name: Eric Cogsear (Cogs-ear)

Birthday: 2831, 22nd of the Fifth Month, on Midsummer Solstice

Orientation: Straight

Resident of: Velane of Rencrey

Profession: Alchemical Inventor

Personality: Quick to anger and judge, and slow to speak. Eric has a fuse as short as his alchemical potions. "Don't judge a book by its cover" rarely applies to him. Speaking to strangers isn't something he "does".

Still being worked on<

Favorites: Food-Roasted, salted, and gravy covered beef. Drink-That new sweet drink they just came out with... its all foamy like?(Soft-Drinks) Color-SilverGray Time of day-Dawn Time of year- Midfall Animal-Cat Passtime-Creating things that blow up, yet are useful.

Appearance:
Characters. Th_steampunk_by_m_lin
With blonde hair and green eyes, Eric is Five feet and Ten inches. He isn't particularly muscular, but he isn't just flabby, either. With simple average shoulder width, he has decent muscles and his weight is more on the thin side then any. White, and perfect, he has the teeth many only dream of. His face is thin, pointed, and light.

His hair is long and shaggy, and is normally partly held up by a pair of emerald goggles(or at least, they use to be emerald. Now they're black from the constant explosions), and goes down to a bit above his shoulders.

Clothing: In true Steampunk style, Eric wears the previously stated goggles on his head. He usually only wears a gray shirt with a brown vest over it, but when he needs things in his pockets, he wears a thin dark brown overcoat, complete with coat-tails. He wears simple brown blacksmith style pants, though with a few extra pockets sewed on here and there. As for foot wear, it ranges from plain shoes for speed when he needs to go somewhere, to leather boots laced with spider-thin laces. He has a black leather holster for his "Zappy Gun", that he often wears under his coat when he goes on long walks, particularly through the poor part of the city.

Skills and Talents: Eric excels in accidently blowing something up. Even a cup of water. With an alchemical spell, and maybe his trusty zappy gun thrown in with that equation, of course.
His mother was an engineer, and his father is the state alchemist. This combination created a creative child.
In his house, Eric has things that combine alchemy and inventing. As an example, his table in his dining room is suspended in mid air. How this works, is a plant sits in the middle of the table. Using alchemy, Eric managed to get the plant to power a device that utilizes the plant's energy to spin a silent fan, that blows up, and keeps the table suspended(though it took some more alchemy to get the table to stay still when it was blown on).
Still, none of his skills can exceed his ability to accidently blow something up. As a result, his house has several chimneys, all leading to a main one, to channel any smoke when he blows something up. The fan for the floating table wasn't just to look cool. Well, it was, but it had a nice side effect.

Magik: Eric's alchemy training specializes in the fire element. He has full training as an alchemist. He is currently expected to become the new State-Alchemist, once his father steps down. Eventually. If he ever does. Damn him... o.0

Background: Eric, born and raised in Velane, was born from Elizabeth Steelwall, and James Cogsear. Due to this, he got both alchemical and engineering training. Though he pursued more of an alchemical career and will be replacing his father, his favorite thing to do is to tinker with things, and build something out of them.
He has never been outside of Rencrey, but doesn't really plan to, other then for State-Alchemist business. Eric has been rather content in the city, and loves it more then anything. Except, maybe, a barrel full of gunpowder.
After receiving his license, Eric moved out of his parent's house, and into his own, and currently makes his living off of selling inventions, and sometimes helping out at the bakery down the road.

House: His house has two floors, plus a basement. The main floor has a sitting room, entry room with the stairs in it, a... kitchen(more of a garbage room), a dining room, and a bathroom. The basement is a big empty room filled with a lot of junk. The upstairs has the inventing room, which is flooded with mechanical doo-hickies. His room takes up a small corner of the upstairs. Its empty, apart from a table filled with unfinished machines(mostly telephones), a dresser, and his bed. The roof open up onto a rooftop garden, that Eric uses for his large assortment of Alchemical potions and inventions.
As for his house, apart from the floating table and some other related items, its full of furniture, and is clean. Except the upstairs and the basement. And the kitchen. So basically three or so rooms are clean.

Other: Eric has(somehow) managed to get a hold of his father's electrical pistol, which he calls his "Zappy Pistol". It runs off of a alchemical liquid made out of water, plant leaves, and is mixed with electricity, all placed into a hollow ball that can be reused as ammo.
Characters. Clarinet%20Gun%20Mod%20GI

Last edited by Broken Dawn on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Legacy_of_the_Gods/index/
Nicolai (Andrew)

Nicolai (Andrew)

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:34 am

Player Name: Nicolai (Nic/Nico) Andrew

Name: Derren Gyalla (adopted name, real name unknown to him)
-Son of the duke of Velane but was lost as a child.

Orientation: Straight, follows traditionally values of the time

Foster Parents: Nazik and Alexa Gyalla

Real Parents: Duke and Duchess of Velane

Personality: Derren is a lively young guy as are most his age. His favorite pastime when he was a child was to climb trees outside the town where he grew up. He doesn't much enjoy doing anything over and over even if it is something that he likes as he doesn't want to get bored of it. He is a very playful and caring guy of those close or to those getting to be close to him. He can be serious at times due to his magik type, but that happens rarely outside of his training sessions with his master.

Appearance: He stand at a decent 5 foot 11 inches in height, and a meesley 125 pounds with around average strength. He has dark blond(aka dirty blond) that isn't kept in any order what so ever as he hates the norm of everyday life though his hair still reaches half way down his neck and is somewhat bushy. His eyes set him apart from most people in the world, unlike most his eye color changes on a regular basis depending on the weather of the area he is in. His eyes are a bright blue when the weather is nice and calm with few clouds in the sky, his eyes turn stormy gray or silver during rain or thunder, and they also turn a hazey white during the snowy season. He wears his druidic cloak and traditonal clothes when he is undergoing his training, but while out in the world he wears what he sees fit which is usually his average middle class clothes. Lastly he always wears a necklace that was given to him by his childhood crush when he was younger. Sadly later his crush died in a small feud between two family's in the town and he hasn't looked at another girl or anybody the same way again.

Skills and Talents: Derren's favorite skill is the fact that he can climb any tree and even if he happens to lose his grip on the tree he knows it wont let him fall due to his closeness with nature. He also has a knack for knowing a person just by looking at their face so he can tell if somebody is being truthful or if they are lying. Unlike most druids he uses a weapon other than a blunt type, his weapon of choice is a bow of any type. He grew up learning to use almost any type of bow and shunned any type of gun as they make life "too easy" for him. While shooting his bow, he can also support with any druidic abilities he has learned thus far making him a great help in any battle to come. He learned to hunt and track on his own at as he was growing up for enjoyment but only killed animals on a few occasions and then he only did if he was sure if it was painless.

Magik: Derren is a nature druid in training due to his flow. Growing up he was always partial to play outdoors among what ever wildlife he could find. His flow was discovered a few days after his childhood crush was killed and he ran out and stayed in the wilderness for weeks on end keeping to himself. During that time he noticed that plants seemed to respond to his need and had fruit when he needed it and there was always firewood nearby or shelter inside of an old oak tree.

Other: He tends to not follow his druidic path at all times as he is still in training. He is serious about his training but he doesn't want to become the usual druid that always keeps to themselves in the forest, thus he travels out (against his master's wishes) into different cities because he likes to keep up with current news. This angers his druid master but he knows Derren is a worthwhile student and learns quickly and efficiently. Derren was lost at a young age by his parents the duke and duchess of Velane. He was lost when he was taken out of the city by personal friend of his parents, but they were attacked and killed. Derren crawled his way into nearby brush and due to his flow the plants helped to save his young life. A three year old Derren then crawled back out later to be found by his to-be foster parents Alexa and Nazik Gyalla.

:edited and finalized, and edited again

Last edited by Nicolai (Andrew) on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tulostenaloor
Tulostenaloor

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:48 am

Player Name: MozillaFyreFox

Name: Ignatius of Valagon
Orientation: Heterosexual

Personality Ignatius has an extremely cynical attitude. He sees the world as an entity and human beings as destructive, which often clashes with his brief periods of philanthropism. Living on the streets, he makes money from hand-offs given to him, which he hates.. He prefers to live on his own means if possible but his periods of insanity and ravings made him marked as a lunatic, therefore not letting him get a job. However, whenever he starts ranting and raving, people come and listen, for a few of his dire warnings have come true, although in most of them, the commoners do not know many keywords, such as “nuclear” and “missile”.

Appearance: Ignatius has blonde hair, often matted with dirt, and haunted black eyes. He is ragged, bone thin, and covered in scars and bruises, most prominently the one that blinded his left eye. Although only twenty-four, his hair is already showing signs of whitening and he looks at least thirty. He carries a walking stick as a weapon and a cataclysm, often either used directly or by drawing symbols on the ground, although he occasionally requires it to support himself whenever one of his old wounds start bothering him. The walking stick is blunt on one side, the topside, and sharp as a spear on the other side, the bottom. The sharp side does not blunt. He wears a patched and worn traveling cloak for warmth and even more worn street clothes underneath, many of which were from old clothes stitched together to fit him.

Skills and Talents: Ignatius can do the customary Druid of Shadow thing, reading tarots and telling fortunes. However, at the age of 13 he started having apocalyptic visions of the world coming to a near end in the far future, and doing so more than once. He has gone half-insane from all the visions.

Magik: He is an extremely powerful Druid of the Shadow, so powerful that his visions often leave him in bouts of insanity. He is often drawn to other Druids of Shadow, which are extremely few. Although his visions are not as apocalyptic as before, he still has visions of destruction and a few rare visions of hope and life, which he cherishes.

Bio: As a child, he was orphaned and had to fend for himself on the streets, gaining many injuries and bruises. At the age of 13 he started having apocalyptic visions of the world coming to a near end, and doing so more than once. He has gone half-insane from all the visions. At sixteen, he lied about his age and joined the militia. On a hunt for a bandit camp, his visions showed him the location of it and it in flames. Emboldened, he and a company of militia attacked. What his visions did not show was his whole company dead after being overwhelmed by twice their number. Cursing his visions, he did not return to the militia changed his name to “Ignatius” the Unknown. He is presumed to be among the dead at the battle. Afterwards he wandered the streets doing odd jobs and occasionally begging for money. After a year or two he came across a deteriorating area of the Wall, a large wall surrounding the city that was originally for defense, moved a few stones out of place, and moved in. The Wall also refers to the people who live in extreme poverty around it.
Sometimes he acts as a storyteller to the children of the Wall, telling fables and parables equivalent to Aesop’s Fables and other stories with morals, advice, and his own ideas.

Quotes: “Destiny is a location, not a path. You will choose what road to travel.”
“Those tempered by the fires of hatred are either strengthened or destroyed.”
Back to top Go down
IgnisDivine

IgnisDivine

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:41 pm

Player Name: IgnisDivine

Name: Comoral FenHantse
Age: No one's asked, and he's never told, but by his spry movements, one can guess he's not past his thirtieth yeah.
Gender: Male, though how male he is is sometimes brought to question.
Orientation: No one's quite sure. His ... eccentric ... tendencies point one way, and the social norm point the other.

Personality:
Comoral is an odd man at best. When he's not tinkering away at his latest creation, he can be seen skipping, spinning, and jumping around town, ecstaticly, as if some great thing had just happened. He's almost always got a smile on, even when in rather deep trouble. People who know him, though, tend to avoid him. Some people tend to take what he says as a litte bit radical, and most of them are halfway right. He's never shown a great deal of interest in other people - unless those people were helping him create, in which case they were merely cogs in the machine - nor does he often pay attention to day-to-day neighboorhood politics, preferring to spend as long as possible creating.

Appearance: Comoral is a tall and lanky man, usually looking far more stooped than he should be, because his arms look just a touch too long, as do his legs. He is of a middling build, though why he isn't slightly ... larger is a puzzle, as he spends much of his time sitting in one spot. Like his limbs, he has a long-ish face, his chin ending in a thin blunt edge. Everything else about his face seems rather ordinary, though. An ordinarily sized noze, ordinarily placed ears, ordinarily colored eyes and hair - light blue and dark brown respectively - with his hair styled slightly up, giving him a streamlined appearance.

Skills and Talents: Comoral is a talented inventor, continuously coming up with new 'improvements' to existing inventions, sure that eventually, he'll make something genuinely genius.

Other: "*Throaty laugh* You know what they say... Genius and madness are two sides of the same coin..."
Back to top Go down
http://forum.emobucket.com/member43369.html

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:17 am

REPOST [so to be edited,etc]

Player Name: Corrupt_Seraph

Name: Ryen Nyari of Mareneth
Age: 17 (birthdate- 22nd day of the firth month, 2834) His Birthday falls on Litha
Orientation: undecided

Personality: Most often-cheerful and laid back, easy tog et along with and looking out for thsoe who can use an extra hand or two.
stress- Jumps to take the lead and get things done what he sees as the "right way", being brought up in isolated nobility he's rather naive though and not all chocies are the best
Can be unintentionally seen as bossy, having people there to do the work for you at the snap of a finger does that to a person; quick to anger if he's over loaded, can keep a cool head otherwise; outspoken
"To live in paradise is to become a demon. To re enter hell is to become and angel."(Les Miserables-Victor hugo, something along those lines XD)

Appearance:

Skills and Talents:horse riding +, archery +, wide knowledge of alchemy (cannot preform)

Magik: Spirit (is taken as a natural charm to him and others not so much a maical gift)

Other: Isnt fond of his female cousin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Characters. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters.   Characters. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Characters.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan HoRP :: Enter The World.-
Jump to: